Brasserie Trois Dames • Switzerland
From the brewer:
Raphaël Mettler and his team have been brewing beer with a passion since 2003, and their enthusiasm is eminently contagious: the Trois Dames beers from Ste-Croix challenge the taste buds and flatter the eye, and that is exactly what makes them original. We believe in making a top-notch product, the reason why we carefully select fresh ingredients.
Raphaël Mettler has “three ladies” at home, his wife and two daughters, which is why he chose to call his brewery “Trois Dames.” The malts used are from Weyermann in Bavaria and Castle Maltings in Belgium, hops from the finest growers in the Spalt region of Bavaria, Kent, in England and the Yakima valley in the U.S.
Following the creation of the Oud Bruin in 2008 — inspired by the sour brown ales of Flanders, but obtained rather heretically through blending fermented apricots and a strong porter — a whole new brewing universe has opened itself to the Brasserie Trois Dames. We discovered the taste potential and complexity of sour beers and wild yeasts found in fruits and wooden barrels, opening up new taste horizons and bringing a distinct new crispness.
Five years on, and with numerous experiments under our belt, we’re now introducing our own creations. Our trademark is the blend of three fermentation processes: fresh brews, fermented fruit and brews aged in oak barrels. This enables us to source ingredients locally, at least the fruit, since there’s no malting in Switzerland, and barley mostly comes from France, Belgium, or Germany.
The beers you’re going to discover below represent a new chapter in the history of the Brasserie Trois Dames.
Brewery Website: http://www.brasserietroisdames.ch/
- Trois Dames Bise Noire
- Trois Dames Brett IPA
- Trois Dames Brettanomyces Saison
- Trois Dames Espresso Stout
- Trois Dames Forêt Noir
- Trois Dames Grande Dame Oud Bruin
- Trois Dames l’Amoreuse Rouge
- Trois Dames l’Amoureuse Blanche
- Trois Dames La Fiancée Pinot Gris
- Trois Dames La Fiancée Pinot Noir
- Trois Dames La Fraîcheur du Soir
- Trois Dames La Fraîcheur du Soir au Basilic
- Trois Dames La Pasionaria Double IPA
- Trois Dames La Tentation
- Trois Dames La Victorienne IPA
- Trois Dames Mint Stout
- Trois Dames Sainte Ni Touche
- Trois Dames Saison Framboise
- Trois Dames Saison Houblon
- Trois Dames Saison Vielle
- Trois Dames Sauvageonne
- Trois Dames Sauvageonne Dark Blend
- Trois Dames Sin Fontera
- Trois Dames Winter Sour
- Trois Dames/Blackwell Brewery Grisette
- Trois Dames/Engine House No. 9 Brett Pale Ale