Jopen • Netherlands
From the brewer:
“Jopen Koyt is brewed with gruit, a medieval blend of herbs in which sweet gale picked according to ritual was essential. Legend has it that, to avoid its hallucinogenic properties, sweet gale could only be picked at full moon by nude witches.
The spicy flavour is highly complex and smooth. This reddish-brown beer is a reproduction of a Haarlem beer and is brewed according to the brewer’s statute (recipe regulated by the council) of 1407.
Packaging: 30L KeyKegs, 330ml & 750ml bottles
Food Pairings: Stews, red meat and strong tasting cheeses
Brewer Website: http://www.jopenbier.nl/en/
Grains: Barley, wheat and oats
Hops: None! Really!
Other Beers by Jopen
- Jopen Adriaan Wit
- Jopen Doubting Thomas
- Jopen Haarlem 1501 (Hoppenbier)
- Jopen Jacobus RPA
- Jopen Koyt
- Jopen Tropical Freedom
- Jopen/Chris Bettini Friend Finder
- Jopen/Cigar City Wayne’s World
- Jopen/De Molen Sin & Remorse
- Jopen/Del Ducato Coastal Gose
- Jopen/Lervig Don’t tRye This At Home
- Jopen/Odell Brewing Nuts for Chocolate