Jolly Pumpkin Forgotten Tales of the Last Gypsy Blender Series II, Volume I
From the brewer:
“These blends are the continuation of our Last Gypsy Blender series with Chef Celina Tio. Forgotten Tales of the Last Gypsy Blender Series II, Volume I incorporates grains of beech and cherry smoked malts, 3 different hops, preserved lemons, lime peel, bourbon smoked sugar and Kiawe smoked sea salt. Three batches of separate sizes were brewed and placed in our oak foeders for eight, thirteen, and fifteen months. Even though they were blended together before packaging, the blend resulted in one beer with two distinct personalities.
Try Blend A for an earthy and smoky delight. Hints of sweet lemons, wet leaves, and smoke, that finishes quite sweet with reminiscent flavors of coconut, bourbon, corn, and oak with very little sourness.
Try Blends B & C for a more salt forward lemony goodness with hints of vanilla, bubblegum, funk, and oak dancing together. Finishing with a mild citrus bite and light acidity.
Each blend is light in body with moderate carbonation. The Jolly Pumpkin funk exemplified by Oro de Calabaza runs throughout each of the beers making them delightfully complex and highly quaffable.
These blends are the first and second installments of the second series
Of beers brewed with my friend, Chef Celina Tio. While it is true that Chef normally prefers her bourbon with two cubes, we drew inspiration for this beer from that classic cocktail, the whiskey sour.
Brewed with beech and cherry smoked malts, bourbon smoked sugar, Kiawe smoked sea salt, lemons and lime peel, for a smoky, lemony, deliciousness.
Try Blend A for more smoky delight.
Blend B & C for more lemony goodness.
Cheers & Mahalo plenty!
Ron Jeffries, Founder and Chief Squeegee Operator”
Style: Sour Ale
Packaging: Kegs and 750ml bottles
Brewer Website: http://www.jollypumpkin.com/
Other Beers by Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales
- Jolly Pumpkin Aquamarine Dream
- Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere
- Jolly Pumpkin Bam di Castagna
- Jolly Pumpkin Bam Noire
- Jolly Pumpkin Bamarillo
- Jolly Pumpkin Baudelaire Beer: Ale Absurd
- Jolly Pumpkin Baudelaire Beer: iO Saison
- Jolly Pumpkin Bière de Mars
- Jolly Pumpkin Calabaza Blanca
- Jolly Pumpkin Clementina
- Jolly Pumpkin Detroit Surf Co.
- Jolly Pumpkin Forgotten Tales of the Last Gypsy Blender Series II, Volume I
- Jolly Pumpkin Forgotten Tales of the Last Gypsy Blender, Series I, Volume I
- Jolly Pumpkin Fuego del Otoño
- Jolly Pumpkin Gratzer
- Jolly Pumpkin Hamajang
- Jolly Pumpkin Inicios Nuevos
- Jolly Pumpkin L’épouvantail Noir
- Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela
- Jolly Pumpkin La Roja
- Jolly Pumpkin La Roja du Kriek
- Jolly Pumpkin La Vida Improvisación
- Jolly Pumpkin Los Vivos y Muertos
- Jolly Pumpkin Luciernaga
- Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura
- Jolly Pumpkin Maracaibo Especial
- Jolly Pumpkin Noel de Calabaza
- Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza
- Jolly Pumpkin Rojzilla
- Jolly Pumpkin Rosie del Barrio
- Jolly Pumpkin Saison M
- Jolly Pumpkin Saison S
- Jolly Pumpkin Saison X
- Jolly Pumpkin Saison Z
- Jolly Pumpkin Ursae Majoris
- Jolly Pumpkin Weizen Bam Biere
- Jolly Pumpkin/Anchorage Calabaza Boreal
- Jolly Pumpkin/Anchorage Matame Ahorita
- Jolly Pumpkin/Anchorage No Ka Oï
- Jolly Pumpkin/Evil Twin/Leelanau Innovator Man
- Jolly Pumpkin/Gigantic Phuket: It’s Not That Far From Laos
- Jolly Pumpkin/Holy Mountain Smashed Grabbed and Hop Dusted
- Jolly Pumpkin/Holy Mountain Smashed Grabbed and Hop Dusted 2: THIS TIME IT’S PERSONAL
- Jolly Pumpkin/Jester King Gammadeluxe
- Jolly Pumpkin/Jester King Olas Espaciales
- Jolly Pumpkin/Maui Brewing Sobrehumano Palena’ole
- Jolly Pumpkin/Mikkeller Sea Buckthorn Fandango
- Jolly Pumpkin/Monkish Apocolocynposis
- Jolly Pumpkin/Monkish Brewing Cucurbitophobia
- Jolly Pumpkin/North Peak Porcupine de Amore
- Jolly Pumpkin/Revelry Isla Estraña
- Jolly Pumpkin/Stillwater Pincha-discos
- Jolly Pumpkin/The Masonry Turbo Bam
- Jolly Pumpkin/Upland Persimmon Ship